Microsoft Dynamics CRM team has just release CRM 2011 SDK v5.0.5 today. Among many cool other stuff in the new SDK release, I want to highlight two that you should check out.
- There is a Beta version of the Developer Toolkit for CRM 2011 and Online included in the SDK! The toolkit comes with an installation program and a Developer Toolkit User's Guide.docx for documentation.
- There is a new tool in the SDK release which can be used to analyze the performance of CRM plug-ins. The tool is called the Plugin Profiler.
Note that there is currently no documentation available for the plugin profiler tool, which will be available in the next release of SDK document, according to the SDK release notes.
Among many other cool stuff, here are a few that might interest you (excerpt of the SDK release notes with some editing).
- Updated the assemblies for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 3. For Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, updates are installed for you. For other deployment types, you can get update rollups from the Microsoft Download Center or from Microsoft Update.
- Added quite some more sample code for Microsoft Visual Basic .NET.
- Added some new guideline documents
- Added a sample extension for the CrmSvcUtil.exe program that generates a file containing enumerations for all option sets, state codes, and status codes.
- Added some new sample code:
- Sample: Associate and Disassociate Records Using the REST Endpoint with JScript
- Sample: Associate and Disassociate Records Using the REST Endpoint with Silverlight
- Sample: Distribute Campaign Activities to Dynamic and Static Lists
- Sample: Work with Activity Party Records
Hope this helps.